Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Leaning on the rock of salvation

It's been well over a month since I hit a key to my blog. This evening on 23 May 2007, my soul mate, my best friend, my wife is confirmed with pancreatic cancer. The surgeon has to be given full credit for his perseverance in getting to the bottom of this. After all Pauline had already undergone a major operation in an attempt to remove the tumor, which proved to be inoperable, and two biopsies. It was the second biopsy's histology that confirmed her condition.

However, there were many unanswered questions but one thing holds true in the answers to my many questions.
The answer is found in Proverbs 3:5-6. " Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."

Upon hearing the news this evening, I left for the hospital to be with her and all along the way I hear this song ringing in my mind.

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long.

Perfect submission, all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;

This is my story, this is my song,

Praising my Savior, all the day long.


Amen


God bless all who are here.

No comments: