Thursday, November 09, 2006

ipod therefore ipod

I have often wondered what was life like before the ipod. It was the CD players that played mp3 music. The CDs held a maximum of 80 - 100 songs (wow) depending on the length of each song. Then there were walkman players with cassette tapes. Then history begins to fade a little. I believe there was a void where mobile music was unheard of. (pardon the pun) There was the vinyl singles of the 60 and early 70s.

The Apple ipod. I ought to be careful here lest this reads like a testimonial for Apple ipods. However, with a 80Gb capacity, I have loaded up my entire collection of music and more. My favourite is subscriptions to audio and video podcasts. Suddenly the world of information is condensed into a palm size unit and I love it.

I know Sarah too have just received her ipod. I must confessed previously I did have a 60Gb ipod. But since I convinced my best friend and soulmate, my wife to have one for podcasts, Pauline has taken the next step into this technology. (YES)

I tend to miss Andrew Denton's Enough Rope most weeks but the video podcast have saved the night. Now I have the entire series.

Aside from this, a mate of mine is working hard in helping a teacher of God's grace to post podcasts of his teachings. This will enable the world to have access to David's teachings. No more burning of audio CDs. (John Y will be happy).

I saw the launch of microsoft Zune. Emm it's not an ipod is it.

Plug in I say. (Yay, as Sarah would say)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Mum for moving into the world of podcasts. I'm still pretty new to it myself but I love them! Such a wonderful way to learn things.

Had a look at the Zune and it has some interesting features but it still looks kind of like an iPod :)

Then again I am a mac girl at heart!