Friday, December 29, 2006

You only need a heart.

The previous mesh ring was nice but it was too big. Pauline was a size 5 and not 6. Anyway, it looked a little too big for her when she put it on. I took Pauline back to Tiffanys to let her pick something out herself. I was surprised at the number of people in the store - still shopping. Pauline tried on the size 5. It fitted but it still looked very bulky. She asked the staff if they had the "Dragonfly" ring. The lady replied yes but it's at the front of the store. I knew the expensive rings were kept at the front. Nonetheless, she must have seen the ring before. The lady casually brought the ring out and placed it on Pauline's finger. It looked ok. Bravely I enquired about the price - $1170. Emm. Pauline removed the ring and handed it back and asked the lady to show here some alternatives. We ventured back to the rear of the store and next the mesh ring was on that had a heart on it. It was more refine. I knew it had her name on it. The lady brought it out and slipped it onto Pauline's finger and I knew that was what I should have given my true love - a heart.

No comments: